- 2 cups dry potato flakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon seasoning salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 4 (6 ounce) fillets cod
- 2 cups butter flavoured shortening, for frying
- 2tsp Tropics Fish seasoning
In medium bowl, combine the potato flakes, flour, garlic powder, seasoning salt, black pepper, and cayenne pepper and Tropics Fish seasoning.
Soak fish filets in bowl of cold water.
In a deep skillet or deep fryer, melt and heat the shortening to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Dredge fish filets in dry mixture and fry in the hot oil for 5 minutes or until fish flakes apart easily. Remove from oil and place on paper towels to absorb excess oil.